Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 4


2:04pm

Thought I'd write a little bit before I get tired. Up at 6:45am. I had a great sleep. I actually stairmastered for 25 minutes. A few days ago I could only go 17 minutes before the outside of my right knee started bothering me! I was really stoked to sweat today! I know I need to sweat at least once per day!

I've been off caffeine since last Saturday! Hurray! I love coffee. I love the flavor and aroma of coffee. I also love the effect of caffeine! Too bad it's not healthy for you! So, so many side effects of caffeine, it's really a bad addicting drug! Oh well! At least I didn't have to suffer through terrible headaches like my wife did! I just get real lethargic for a few days. I often will have a nap around the noon hour. My energy is good now! No nap needed! I like that! Hurray! I'm not saying I'm never going to have a cup of Joe again, but if I do I'll drink it purposefully and really savor it!

10:22pm

Finally sitting down to read some blogs and thought I'd better write now before I get too tired to wrap up my day. I'm finding more juice feasters blogs as well as raw blogs. I love reading about peoples experiences! I sware I can't get enough! I'm totally into a lot of other things too but I love reading your blogs. I'm sure I'll venture out from here at some point, but I especially love the feaster's blogs because that's what I'm doing today!

I drank a lot of juice today! I've got about 10oz of apple juice left and it looks like I'll be juicing tomorrow morning before work. Typically I prepare enough juice for a couple of days because I loathe having to make it EVERY day!

I had a pretty good day overall! I had great energy. I remember thinking around 6pm tonight that I have a ton of energy; I wonder when I'm going to crash!

That's about all I got today!

Be Well and Good night!

2 comments:

kalequeen said...

Getting off of caffeine can be rough, but as you can see, you can still feel really great (if not better) without it. Green juices help so much!

Keep it up!

Carrie Cegelis said...

Hi Doug,
I enjoy the tone of your blog and really appreciate your honesty! That's where the juice is....
Wheatgrass juice can be a great "instead of" for coffee/caffeine, too, though perhaps not in flavor and experience, certainly in energy and focus.
Good luck, we're rooting for you!