Friday, January 25, 2008

Hellacious Travel Day

Day 18
5:17pm PST

I just arrived at home! Have to write now before I finally run out of steam. OMG, I had my last 32oz of green this morning at 7:30am EST. Just before I walked into the security checkin at Boston Airport.

The flight was supposed to arrive in SFO at 11:37am. No problem, I thought! I can handle this! I did great! I just had water, about ~32oz during the flight! The weather in the Bay Area was NOT GOOD! They had to reroute our plane to land in Oakland because SFO had dense fog and wind shear? I finally got to my car in long term parking @ 3:15pm PST! OMG, I was so ready for some nourishment. It's really storming outside and the commute to my neighborhood was a bear! I went straight to the produce stand! Got my veggies and made a b line for Jamba Juice, "I'll have a double shot of wheatgrass and a Power OJ please!" It had been ~12 hours after my last juice intake! I made it! I'm really stoked to be home! What an adventure! I have to say it was a breeze until about 3pm. Then I really started to poop out and was craving FOOD! No flippin way! NOT NOW! NOT YET! ;-)

Yahoo!

(Crap! Now I've got to make juice!)

2 comments:

Neeta said...

12 hours without juice would drive me totally crazy too!!!
Its really fabulous how well you've managed on this whole trip......
Thanks very much for sharing, as I have to travel to Paris next month for three days and I'm so inspired by you.......

Lots of rest and Lots of Juice,

xx Neeta.....

kalequeen said...

Holy crap Doug! Your perseverance is unbelievable!

I don't doubt you're craving food after a day like that...maybe getting some extra greens in will help.

Hope you're feeling 100% again soon!


--KQ