Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Increased mental clarity....and alertness


Day 8 & 9

Day 8 was a great day for me! I was so pumped almost all day. I really noticed how clear my mind was as well as my overall energy!

I only brought 2 quarts of juice to work with me and I finished it pretty early on. I was getting rather hungry/tired by 5:00pm. I had quite a bit to do after work as well and I knew I'd be heading off to Jamba Juice for a power orange/carrot and a double shot of wheatgrass! Sure enough, that got me through the rest of my evening errands until I got home to more juice! Ahhhh............

My mother-in-law informed me this morning that she was ready to join in on our juice feast love fest! LOL ;-) I love her to death and I'm back to making juice for 2, crap! I was hoping to go a little longer without having to make juice for 2! It is sooo much work! Oh well! She knows how much time and energy it takes to prepare the juice and I know she appreciates it! I sooo want to see her lose a ton of weight. She, like my wife, have come a long way. I, kind of, spoon feed them little tid bits of information on nutrition and health and slowly but surely they're changing their diets and eating habits. It's really cool to hear that they're feeling better and healthier.

Back to my mother-in-law. She's a diabetic and will be drinking mostly greens juice. The green juices really don't affect her blood sugar. Actually, the last time she fasted with me, she was amazed at how normal her sugars were! I'm hoping she'll follow my lead and eat mostly raw when she gets off this fast. I purchased the new book from Gabriel Cousins: There is a Cure for Diabetes and gave to her for a xmas present. I also recently got the in mail Raw for Life dvd and I'm looking forward to sharing it with friends and family!

2:49pm:

I've got to stop cruising the raw recipes of some raw blogs/websites I regularly visit. I found this recipe I have to share. I need to remember to make this when I'm all done with the fast:
http://vegannosaurus.com/2008/01/06/raw-veggie-burgers-2-ways/
I'm craving raw goodness: avocados and tomatoes with garlic and jalapeƱos...yummm!! In do time! All in do time! I'm totally into my fast and this experience!

I had a great workout this morning on the Stair Master! No pain in either of my knees! A little winded, but overall I was so stoked to sweat before the sun came up!

9:44pm

Good thing I wrote all that stuff earlier today, because I am POOPIED out! Speaking of POOPY! LOL ;-) I didn't have a BM on Sunday after my liver flush. I had a small one today and yesterday. I'm always amazed at how much is in our bodies. I think I'll start the enema program tomorrow. I'll do mine with coffee as suggested in the book I read on the liver cleanse. I guess the caffeine has a cleansing affect on the liver? OK enough bathroom talk!

Yes, I'm getting slimmer. I purchased 3 pairs of cords with a 32" waist last November. They didn't fit at the time, but I knew they would in the New Year!! I tried them on yesterday and I'm happy to say that the waist was a little snug, but nowhere near as snug as they were in late December! OMG! Hopefully in another week or so, they'll fit just right. I just hope I don't need to buy a 30".

Final comment! Work is sending me out to the east coast for a week! OUCH!! I will not break my fast! I have a plan in the works....more later!

--Dougie Fasting Fresh

1 comment:

kalequeen said...

Hey Doug!

Congrats on the pants! Have you read Dr. Cousin's new book yet? I missed out on his lecture this evening but I can't wait to read it...Its truly incredible that you're influencing your wife and mother-in-law. Bit by bit is really how it works best. Forcing things on people doesn't work at all, which I've learned the hard way. :)

I'm totally craving the raw goodness as well.

As far as your work situation, do you know what city you'll be in? Just google for some Jamba Juices, organic juice bars, health food shops, etc in the area...Once I visited a city as a raw fooder, and I just "counted on" the fact that they'd be there. They weren't. I was sick for weeks after eating like a "muffin vegetarian" for 3 days.

I'd also bring a green powder (spirulina or whatever you like) to mix in with your juices in case fruit juices are all that are available to you. Don't forget a bottle of flax or hemp oil so that you're still getting your lipase...young coconuts are also fun if you're near a chinatown or asian market.

Good Luck!

Alison