Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ouch...it's really only Day 3...

That title was hard to write. But maybe this is just what this homeboy needs, humility!!

What can I say; but I've got to reset my fasting clock! I was hoping/praying this wasn't going to happen but it did! I've been thinking about what I was going to write. I was actually going to not be honest and just pretend like nothing ever happened! But then I went back to my first entry here. "This is where I come to be completely honest about my eating NO MATTER WHAT!" It's true. Just because I have a couple of readers that I don't want to let down, I need to stay true to what my original intention was for this blog—to be honest! FUCK! ;-)

I was more worried about letting Jack or Jill down than anything else! I'm fine! I had a weak moment and I put something in my mouth and enjoyed chewing! Yes in deedy! I enjoyed chewing!

Many a times when I first started fasting; after several days, I would put food in my mouth and chew then spit most of it out at the sink! And that's just what I did! Oh well, I am back on track now. I'm a little melancholy about not being at Day 9, but hey it's a journey and I'm totally ok with where I'm at today! It's not the destination; it's the journey getting there that I have always loved!

It was a combination of many factors that led to my slip, but the biggest factor may have been this really great book I'm reading right now: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert! She's such a great writer! At the time I was reading on Saturday she was in Italy doing a lot of eating and drinking. She's so descriptive, I wanted to fly to Italy and find that highly suggested pizzeria that made the world's best pizza! Too funny! I remember reading and thinking to myself "so I really have a strong desire to go raw?". LOL

Deep down I know the answer to my question is yes, I do have a strong desire to eat 100% raw! All I have to do is think about where it would take me! I can never have just one of anything! I'd eat until I was over full, most likely, then I'd crash and want to take a nap! I hate that crash. I'm sick and tired of it. I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I'm tired of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results! (I once heard that was the definition of insanity!)

Did I mention that my wife was fasting with me for a few days? Well she made it 4 whole days and broke her fast on Saturday. I know she was feeling a little guilty leaving me behind to fast. I also know she was really pumped to eat! She pretty much met her goal! I'm very proud of her and I fully supported her decision to break her fast! It was probably when she was making a tomato based soup and I tasted it for her to give her my expert opinion! ;-) It was such a tiny taste, I thought to myself, "I'm strong, I can handle this"!

I also quit drinking coffee on Saturday. Hmmm…..normally when I quit caffeine I get sleepy and lethargic! I wasn't doing too bad, but with the all the rain we were getting and being cooped up in the house with the whole family eating and kicking back. I was obviously testing myself pretty good! I've always had a tough time fasting and being with my family on the weekends.

But all that I behind me now! I'm only a little bummed I'm now set back a few days, when my fellow feasters are ahead of me! It's all good! It's the journey and not the destination that I appreciate so much!

So here I am at Day 3! It feels like day 3 too! I'm happy to be back too! So there you have it! I'm feeling good right now so I'm going to go ahead and post this. I'm confident I will make my goal. That reminds me I will be posting my list of reasons and goals for fasting. I'll start working on that for my next post!

Good luck all and congratulations on making to wherever you are! This is not an easy task to undertake!!

Love Doug

3 comments:

kalequeen said...

Hey Doug,
I just found your blog. I'm also feasting right now! I'd imagine its harder to do so when you have people around you eating solid food...Just keep your head up! You're doing the best thing possible for your body.

When did you first hear about Juice Feasting?


Alison
http://kalequeen.blogspot.com

Neeta said...

Hi Doug - I think you said the most important and inspiring thing of all - to be okay wherever you are.....
I've always loved the journey too, let the destination take care of itself, it usually does :-)
Bravo, look forward to reading all about your walking, rolling, dancing and skipping, on this journey....
Love
Neeta

Anonymous said...

Hi Doug,
We are touched that you didn't want to let us down! The truth is that we did miss your energy and humor in the last few days and it's good to have you back, but as you say, it's a journey, so it's nice to meet up with fellow travelers at any point and hear about where they've been in the meantime. Every journey stops off at different places and goes at a different pace.
Best,
Jack and Jill