Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 16

The last 2 days have been very tough! Sunday I was low on juice with lots to do on the schedule and no time to make any juice. Thank God for Jamba Juice! I had 3 Power orange/carrot (3 quarts) and 8 ounces of wheat grass total as well as the last bit of my own juice. I guess I planned it pretty well because I'm still here doing this thing.

On Sunday, we also had a social engagement I had to attend with the rest of the family. We went to see our god son, whom we haven't seen in 2+ years! (Way overdo) The mom had quite the spread (food) out when we arrived! Everyone was eating and drinking and drinking and eating and as I was watching them, drinking my pelligrino. I swas trying to focus I really tried to be present and enjoy their company; and I did! I think the worst part was the aroma of fresh baked bread she pulled out of her bread oven and the baked ziti! Oh well. It's over and I toughed it out! I kept thinking about how tired all of them are going to be later after the heavy foods everyone was consuming.

Later in the eve; I packed my Omega 8005 juicer in my suite case along with my trusty knife, a cutting board, and a wash cloth! I caught the red eye at 11:10pm and arrived in Boston 4.5 hours later. I got a little shut eye, but not much. I had explicit directions from google maps to the closest whole foods from the Boston Airport! Thank god for the Garmin navigator I got with my rental vehicle; otherwise it would have totally sucked trying to navigate that city! I think I got enough produce for the 4.5 days I'll be here for! I picked up some pasteurized apple juice which held me over until I got settled and was able to prepare some fresh juice for today and most of tomorrow! Ahhhh.............you gotta love the greens BABY!! I was totally running out of steam, but the green juice saved me. I was pretty tired all day. I could have totally taken a nap,but I had to get some worked done, so I just worked through being tired and hit the hay early.

I'm feeling much better after a good nights rest.

Be well!

3 comments:

Carrie Cegelis said...

Hi Doug,
The greens are the best, right?
I've noticed on the days I have to supplement from the outside, usually meaning orange juice, my energy swings a little more than on heavy green juice days.
The social gatherings can be tough, I agree, the aromas are something else, especially when your friends are great cooks!
Hang in there, I'm always glad at the end of another day when I can tick one more off.
Best to you,
Carrie

Neeta said...

Hi Doug,

I finished a 10 day feast in December and took off right away to spend christmas in France, celebrating with 22 french food lovers around a table - with all the old smells that pushed plenty of old buttons in me.....social gatherings are not so easy!
All the best on your trip - look forward to more news about how it goes for you......

Happy juicing,
Love x Neeta....

kalequeen said...

Congratulations on your resolve! It can be hard to be around solid food (cooked OR raw, haha), especially if you're hungry...

How do you like your Omega? I think that's the juicer I'll be buying. Are they fairly easy to clean?