Thursday, September 27, 2007

Struggling....

Well, I made it 5 days!! I haven't done 5 days for quite some time!

Thanks to Anthony for leaving a comment! I appreciate reading comments as well. It helps to know someone else is watching/supporting. I really dig this communication medium!

Like I was saying I was able to FAST for 5 days! I had a weak moment because I ran out of juice and I was running on empty watching my daughters swim meet! I went to the grocery store to get them something to eat. I picked up some grapes and lunchables. I ate just a few grapes to help me out a little! CRAP!! My FAST was officially over. I'm such and addict to food! It didn't take me long to start thinking about what was next.

(The reason I didn't blog about breaking my FAST is that I have to be honest here and I didn't want to admit my weakness! I'm a work in progress baby!)

Oh well! It was good, but I feel disappointed in myself for not staying with it! BUT!!! I'm cautious not to beat myself up about it! I know what I need to do! I know ultimately where I want to be and end up! I know that a RAW food lifestyle is for me and I long to have the will and determination to get there. I'm also aware that I have a long deep rooted history with food and I'm working on the detachment!

I must also state that it's quite difficult to do this thing alone. Meaning my wife and kids are not down with the RAW foods lifestyle, yet! I know I must lead by example. If it were up to me I would have gotten rid of our pots and pans as well as the microwave a long time ago!

More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have found your blog! I also have trouble going back and forth on raw food and binging on junk (especially cheese stuff). My max was 8 days - rejuvelac really helps.
Good luck on your journey!
Andrea