Have been mindfully staying away from posting. Hmmm.... I enjoy writing, so how come! I know why! I've been too busy! I'm too tired! I have nothing to say! What does it matter, anyhow? No one really cares, so why should I care? Too funny! All these excuses sound wonderfully valid. Some are, but most are just that--excuses. To be honest, I just enjoyed reading my last post! Or part of it! It's interesting, how much I struggle with my addictions. Especially food and coffee!
I need to start writing again! It's good for me to get stuff out! I also need to start hand writing in my journal! I will try not to be too self conscious about what I write about and just write. I'm confident that I'm not the only person struggling with intake choices!
My wife and I recently got away to Calistoga and Mendocino for a few days. Ahhh....it was sooo nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
The highlights were as follows:
1. Made love a lot
2. Stayed at Indian Springs resort for 2 nights and swam (floated) in the hot spring pool for long periods of time late at night under a blanket of stars.
3. Enjoyed my first mud bath
4. Stumbled upon Farm Sanctuary in the local book store.
5. Experienced my first fresh water spring. (Very Cool find)
6. Spent quality time my wife
7. Stayed 2 nights at the Stanford Inn. (The only thing it was missing was an olympic sized natural hot spring pool)
The whole trip was great! Our kids were in summer camp all week and we got away! It was nice to be apart, but it was also nice to re-unite with them at the end of the week!
So I just got done reading Farm Sanctuary! What a great book! It was a good reminder for me to why my food choices matter. Especially my reasons for not eating meat and for inspiring me to continue to strive to be 100% raw vegan.
I'm getting tired...so it's time for me to retire. Besides I feel like I'm rambling anyhow...I made a ton of juice today...so the plan is to juice tomorrow and get pumped up to start my fasting journey asap...